Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Perry turned one year old this month.  It was quite exciting.  I think Peter is confused because he not only helped open Perry's presents, but he also quite likes them.  His thinking has got to be something like "Perry has a birthday and I get presents."  Actually the day itself was quite uneventful.  Perry had been sick for a few days prior to his birthday and was still feeling crumby most of the day.  Towards the end of the day, when he was feeling better, we rushed him through his dinner, cake, tub (for obvious reasons), present opening and bed.  All that accomplished in about an hour and a half.  We got the cute cake pictures though and there isn't much more to expect from a one year old birthday.  Time with Perry has flown by.  For those of you in snow deficient places, I also wanted to report that we had a second official "snow day" off of school.  I remember these being so fun as a kid.  I am hear to tell you that as a parent, they aren't always so fun.  Parker often wants to play Gamecube all day or have friends over.  Peter likes to tromp through the snow, but if he falls, the scream he emits (from getting cold) would cause heart problems in a normally healthy person.  Yet he loves snow.  We haven't been able to teach him about yellow snow yet and we are a little worried about that since he loves to eat snow.  Perry wants to explore the snow, but I don't know what to do with him.  Just sit him in the snow?  I don't think he'd like it as much as he thinks he will.On snowy days, I just want to quilt (Ha! not happening with the kids around) and drink hot chocolate.  Sometimes reading a book would be nice.  But I am between books right now.  I am thinking of reading Oprah's newest pick for her book club though.  I think it is called "A New Earth" or something close to that.  It's by Eckhart Tolle (again, a guess on the author.)  Anyone want to read it with me?  It supposed to be life changing.  I am also wondering about the book "Eat, Pray, Love" so if anyone has a review for me, let me know.If you are curious to how the New Year's resolutions are going, I would like to report that they are doing great!  After all, this is my third entry in January and I just download the necessary Adobe file for ordering my birth certificate (working on the passport goal.)  I figure I can do this by snail mail since I don't have anywhere to be.  Unless one of you all won a vacation for two and are inviting me?  A girl can hope.Well, I am starting to be able to tell that I wrote this at three in the morning.  I think it's either the rambling that gives me away or the silly things I keep thinking, but editing out of the post.  You are getting the censored version.  So, best wishes to you all.  I am truly blessed to have you in my life and wanting to stay in touch.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Monique said...

I'm glad that Perry had a good birthday. We're looking forward to Isaac's but don't know what we'll do. Cool about you getting your passport? Are you coming to visit me? Wouldn't that be great!!!!
As for the snow, I both envy and don't envy you. It doesn't snow in this part of NZ but I do miss how pretty it can be. I might just have to make a trip to the snow fields one day :) Keep up the good blogging!

Ami Looker said...

Can you believe a year has already passed? I loved the birthday pictures. I also really loved the rambling. It was always one of your best qualities that I love. Oh the notes in high school:)

Loved the pic of you two. You look so happy!

Sherrill said...

You would have a place to stay in England too. It's fun to meet your family!~Sherrill (thatcher)Neal