Friday, May 8, 2009

Smelling like a wet, soapy man!

Okay, so EVERYTHING in our life is a little random and a little chaotic, so you know what to expect here, right? First, the title. I just hate it when it seems you are out of everything. Well, everything except toilet paper, because I don't run out of toilet paper (COSTCO!) Anyway, I ran out of shaving cream the other day and had to use hubbie's. I know. It works just as well. I just don't like smelling like a wet, soapy man. Though the smell is good on him. So there is my complaint for the day and I think I'm doing pretty good all things considered.

We actually have news here. I'll start with job opportunities. First, Randal got offered a job with L3 in SLC, UT. The major plus being family. Then, he got offered a job in Tuscon, AZ. The major plus, adventure? I don't know. It seems a no-brainer. Until you pray about it. As of today, though nothing is official, it looks like we may be headed to Tuscon. And the great thing about it is we don't even know why besides "it's a (small)feeling." Truthfully, this is one of the times when there isn't a right or wrong choice. But we are both surprised the answer appears to be AZ. We are hoping family understands. We are hoping family visits. Same with friends.

(Switch to your best infomercial voice in your head.) As if this isn't enough, my friends, I have a special bonus for you news seekers. Yes, they are technically still unemployed, yes, their house still has NOT sold and yes, they still have more news. I am here to talk about the exciting, all-natural BABY "P." (Ok, I'll quit being weird now and try for serious.) We are totally stunned to tell you we believe we are expecting another baby (another Dec baby at that.) We don't know how it happened. Okay, we do (wink-wink), but we don't. We were not doing fertility treatments. We weren't officially "trying." We had even concluded that we were done having children. We've never been sure how many kids would be in our family. I have always wanted 2-4 kids. And three fit that criteria. So, when the job loss hit, after I had just had another birthday (29, again :) and we figured in time to move and then time for fertility treatments, we came up with "We are done." I guess the fact that there is a period instead of an exclamation point on the end of that sentence should have been a warning maybe? I don't know. But we are excited, stunned, surprised and hopeful about this baby. AND THANKFUL! So thankful. Fertility treatments can sometimes work, but they are also such a trial of faith. And to be honest, the treatments can try a marriage too. All I can say is "The Lord has a plan." I don't know what it is, but I am grateful he is watching out for us and blessing us. We are NOT planning on another "P" name FYI. But we may use the initial just so this last one isn't left out.

I feel like there should be more news and I'm sure there will be soon. After all the adventure is just beginning. But quite frankly, I'm exhausted! My worry bucket is full! And I need a nap. And I can take one because it is that glorious weekend that comes once a year. Father/Son Campout! (cheering, applause, general happiness.) The boys love their dad. They love camping. They love dirt. And though I haven't figured out the "perfect" way to use my time alone, I do enjoy it. And I'll start missing them like crazy just a couple of hours before they get home.

6 comments:

Shandy said...

what?! I'm the first one to comment on this momentous, NEWS filled blog post!?
Charlotte - I am just beyond thrilled for you guys! Heaven is smiling down upon you.. He needs you in AZ and He needs you to be a mother of 4 :)
Adventures are what makes life exciting! I'm sorta jealous of you and your life changing path! yippee for you (and yippe for the internet so we will still have the exact same contact with each other!!)
alright, don't want to write a book... just so happy for the whole Thornley family!

The Legg Fam said...

Like I said before: WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! We will miss you So much. I dn't know if Brooklyn will accept anyone else as her teacher, but I guess we will see.Hope you are feeling well, and hope you had a nice "father and son's day" Me , I am NOT looking foward to all the dirty laundry that comes after a camp out.

Steve & Lynne said...

Each and every single Ebert will have to find a way to survive without the Thornleys, though, I'm not sure how at the moment! I hadn't heard of the offer in AZ, but am excited it is feeling right for you guys! We love you guys- let's keep up with the swapping until the very last Friday!

Matt & Viki said...

Congratulations! What great news about the baby and the job opportunities. Good Luck. I am excited to hear all about the new adventures.

Kristy said...

Wow! That is a lot of great news! AZ sounds nice and warm and hey, if that is where the Lord wants you, you will love it:) And a big congrats on the baby!!! That is so exciting. WoW - again - there really is a plan isn't there:)

Mandy said...

Hey Charlotte that isn't too far from me!! (considering the distance from Idaho) We live in Show Low, AZ which is 3 hours from Mesa. I never dreamt that we would end up in AZ but we have been here over 2 years now. I will keep checking your blog to see what happens!! Good luck with everything!!!