Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Licious




Let's see how fun it is to write and read a blog posted from the sleep deprived!

First of all, I have to tell you all about a weird theory I have had for many years. And that is that I believe most people who commit murder, especially serial killers, are sleep deprived! When you don't get enough sleep logic goes out the window. Sequencing goes too. "Oh, I need to eat THEN brush my teeth." You can't remember why you walked into a room. Consequences?? "You mean, if I stay up to finish that load of laundry, which takes about fifteen minutes, and my baby only sleeps fifteen minutes, but I wasted five of those making sure he was truly asleep, then not only do I have to finish the laundry with the baby crying, but I also lost out on one chance to sleep myself?" Anyway, that's what I think. So kids, the moral of the story is LET YOUR MOM NAP once in awhile. The other alternative isn't great for you longevity.

Perry has been very cute with Adam, a blessing we weren't anticipating. He likes to rub the baby's head, shake hands with the baby and always makes sure mom knows "Baby spilt!" Toddler speak for spit up. He has also taken to answering the phone (a no-no, but what can mom do?)when mom is nursing. At which point, Peter takes up being cute and tells whoever is on the phone "Mom is busy milking the baby." There is no privacy I tell you. And what can I do about the phone? We put a chain lock on the front door because even though answering the door without mom or dad is a no-no, it still happened. Do they have chain locks for phones? A little off track, but one of the other cute things Perry is saying these days is "Icious," short for delicious. Sometimes it's "licious" too. His favorite Christmas present I think was his smashing new tricycle (we'll see if I actually post pictures.)


Peter has made it to the bus stop in time everyday. It takes about twenty minutes of preparation, but that's how it is getting done. I think he is glad to be back to his routine. He's still super cute with his speaking too. My favorite is when he says something British (from watching too much Wallace and Gromit.) I can't think of anything right now to quote though. He does use the word "certainly" a lot and it's cute. He also constantly read food labels and wants to be on The Biggest Loser when he grows up. We have suggested that he goes on as a trainer, which is more in harmony with his nutrition interests, not a contestant. What do you call a person who takes advantage of a situation like this? Oh, yeah, Parents! We use his interest in nutrition to get us through meal times and new foods. :) His favorite Christmas present was either the balloon rockets or his Scaredy Squirrel books. If you haven't made the acquaintace of Scaredy, we would love to introduce you.


Parker is such a help, mostly, at odd times, when the moon is aligned right, if you cross your fingers, etc. He, too, I think is glad for his routine. Though he misses grandma, I think. And all the Christmas cards from Nampa made him homesick. Over Christmas, Parker read the whole "39 Clues" series and I think about three of the Narnia books. I don't know what he liked best for Christmas. I am attributing this to male stoicism, possibly pre-teen silence.

Randal and I are doing as good as can be expected. We feel like two ships passing in the night. We don't always know who has the baby, when the kids last bathed, what day it is, etc. The great news is this makes everything so much funnier than it used to be. Last night, we caught a bit of Jay Leno while doing the laundry. At one point, we started laughing about Jay dressed up like Susan Boyle on Brittian's Got Talent and couldn't stop when we normally would have stopped laughing. Seriously, it was like about five minutes of laughter. For those of you who have never heard my favorite Pollock joke, stay up really late with me one night, and it will seriously be the funniest joke you ever heard. I may someday post these horrible pictures we have of me telling the joke really late one night.

Such a long post, I apologize. It was just fun adult time and hopefully allays, weight lays, whatever, any worries you may have had about how we are doing. Love and miss you all!

5 comments:

Kat said...

I love your updates Charlotte. :)

Shandy said...

girl, I MISS YOU!!!
this was such a blast to read!! and you're funnier than all get out! LOL

so from the update, is Adam another little one like Peter was (on the colicky side??) so sorry if that's the case!

Trina Barry said...

Charlotte, you're hilarious! I needed the good laugh, Abigail was up all night screaming. She woke up just after midnight, moments after I had gone to bed. I totally relate with you sleep deprivation theory.

Kristy said...

You always make me laugh! I am about to enter the "baby up a night no sleep faze" and that just made me smile:)

Love to hear your updates!

Matt & Viki said...

Congratulations on Adam! What a cutie and a great name. Me and all my sisters were named that till we were born:) What a good looking family, I can't believe how big your boys are getting!