Wednesday, February 19, 2014

25 Songs, 25 days Blog Challenge

Hi All,
A friend from way back when is participating in a blog challenge with a couple of his siblings.
And it has to do with music, so it should be easy and fun for me. I only wish I could convince my brother to do it too. THAT would be a blast. Or maybe if I could convince Ami Looker. That too, would be fun. Of course, both have the potential to be embarrassing. With that, Day 1 is supposed to be "A song from your Childhood." Oh, boy, I'm already in trouble. One song? I've already thought of half a dozen. But here goes nothing (and I sure wish my brother were participating.) I have to choose Kenny Rogers, The Gambler. Common folk lore in my family says that when I was about 3 years old, I could sing the whole song. And I do remember loving it. So much so that I tried once to run a 5K listening to Kenny Rogers. Um, that was a flop. Depressing country music will NOT help you run fast. The Coward of the County? NOT good running music! And I'm already sidetracked. I have since had four of my own three year olds. Based on them, I'm pretty sure my whole childhood was based on lies. There is no way I knew the whole song. And good heavens, if I did, why did my parents not exploit me? We could have been American Idol before American Idol! Or maybe Toddlers and Tiaras before that show was around. Anyway, I now need to find a link and post it. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

Kat said...

Ha ha...I had no idea we had 'The Gambler' in common. I would sing that at the top of my lungs jumping from couch to couch in my living room.