Friday, February 21, 2014

A song that reminds you of your most recent ex-boyfriend

Well, it's day two of the music blog challenge and it is supposed to be a song that reminds you of your most recent ex-boyfriend. Is it cheating if I count my husband? Because, let me tell you, we broke up many times before we got married. In fact, the break-ups are my best guess as to why some people in my family still have reservations about Randal. Once, the break-up was at a YSA dance. Once, we had traveled together to Utah and had a break-up. That one was expensive because my mom then bought me a plane ticket to fly home. And what I thought was the final break-up was two days before Valentine's day. Where was the Tayor Swift song "We are never getting back together" when I needed it? Oh, wait, I didn't need it because even though we had our ups and downs, I'd like to think we got married on an up. And guess what? Even though we are mostly happily married, there are still ups and downs, though we no longer break-up because of them. I know it doesn't sound as romantic as a Disney Movie. But it can be romantic. And we do love each other. And it's hard work. Mostly on his part because we all know living with me would try the patience of a saint. I make up for it in laughter. And love. Always love. Always choosing to love. And learning to be loved. Sappy stuff, I know. Anyway, I will post both of our songs if I can find them. The original "our song" is by U2. The song I also now associate with my hubby is by Jim Brickman. We really like the version sung with Anne Cochran. And another song that is "our song." I don't believe I ever saw the video before. It's a bit steamy. Just a warning.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm glad the pendulum swung the right way when it counted. :)