Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blankies






My husband has a problem with Peter at bed time. You see, he can't tell Peter's "Baby Ginkie" apart from Peter's "Teddybear Ginkie." So, silly though it seems, I thought I would post the pictures and see if you notice the differences. I guess my husband can see the differences, he just can't keep them straight. Anyway, Peter's Baby Ginkie has a blue ruffled edged. It also has different colored bears holding hearts on it and a chintz back. The Teddie Bear Ginkie had a blue back and all the bears are wearing pink pajamas. Both blankies were actually gifts to Parker, but he never got attached to them. So Peter got them and loves them. The pink pajamas the bears wear always remind me of a song/poem that R says his mom used to sing to them. I think it's hilarious, so here it is. "I wear my pink pajamas in the summer when it's hot. I wear my flannel nightie in the winter when it's not. And sometimes in the spring time and sometimes in the fall, I just between the covers with nothin' on at all." I never got to meet her, so this little poem makes her real and likable to me. I'm sure it's the greeting I'll get when I do get to meet her.


In all fairness, I thought I would include the two other blankies in our lives. Parker, when he was three or four, drew a pretty good replica of his blanket and if I figure out my scanner problems, I'll include it. He inluded in his drawing the tag and the holes it had at the time that I only recently noticed have merged into one hole. He also spent the first few years, for reason unknown to us since he did know his colors, calling his blanket "Pink." You may notice that it is red. Then one day, out of the blue (he he,) we told him to go get "Pink" and he said it was "Red!" We no longer hear about "Pink" and that is kind of sad.



Perry is our little Linus. And I have been searching for duplicate blankets, to no avail, on the internet, just in case the blankie perisheth or even so I can wash it without the blankie separation anxiety. Here is his beloved.

2 comments:

Monique said...

That is so cool. Isaac doesn't have a blankie but has a Michael, which is a little boy doll. We only let him have Michael when he's sleeping so we haven't lost him (though we have another Michael just in case). Love reading your blog, keep it up!!!

Shandy said...

oh yeah.. I can relate with having a blankie boy (and yeah.. substitutes don't really cut it! LOL)
so glad you posted again for me to read! :)